Monday, December 9, 2013

Quickie Office Computer Build

My wife has been having some issues with her Dell computer she bought a few years ago.  It came with a bunch of pre-installed apps that have cluttered her system and are not causing problems making it run very slow.  Calls to Dell have led to hours on the phone and the problem is not solved.
This got me thinking - why don't I build her a new one that wont come with all the useless apps?  This will be the second computer I have built her - the first one in 2002 that lasted about six years until most of the parts became outdated and non-upgradable due to changing designs for the newer components.  This would also be a chance to dip my toe in the water and see how much has changed in building PCs over the last 12 to 13 years.
I began researching parts for a basic office computer on the internet and at local computer shops.  It became apparent that this would not cost a lot using components that were the "state of the art" about a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment